Makes a Great Gift
Do you have limited space to grow healthy fruits and vegetables? This system may be the answer. Grow 12 plants in one square feet of floor space. This is a hydroponic system that requires less maintenance and less water than traditional growing.
Growing alpine strawberries (fraises des bois) indoors or under protective culture is an ideal situation. Alpine strawberry plants produce soft berries with exquisite flavor and aroma. Environmental conditions like rain and wind can reduce the quality of these berries. Protective culture ensures high quality and protects the crop from pests like birds. Grow in an area with bright sun and turn the stack a quarter turn daily if possible to ensure light to all plants. Strawberries need at least 6 hours of intense sunlight to be productive.
You can grow these strawberries hydroponically with some modification and a hydroponic media. Adding a 3/4″ pvc pipe (not included but easily obtained locally), a reservoir, pump, timer and a few minor plumbing components and you have a hydroponic system. We can help you put this system together so contact us with questions.
- (3) 13″ Stackable Planters = 12 Planting Locations = Lots of Fruit
- Saucer included
- 12 alpine strawberry plants (size 51 plugs – you can choose the cultivar) 6 each of Reine des Vallees and Yellow Wonder. All components shipped together with plants. NOTE: The plants are shipped as plugs in blisterpacks so they do not include a container for each plug. The plugs should be cared for and transplanted immediately upon arrival.
- Color: Stone or Terracotta
- During cold periods we will add a Uniheat 72 Pack at no additional charge. For assurance that your plants will arrive during inclement weather purchase the Special Handling Option in our Miscellaneous Category. Special Handling is NOT an included item with this product.
- Nutrients (fertilizer) – We recommend MaxSea fertilizers found on this site
This product does NOT include planting media. If requested, we will send instructions and recommendations for media that can be purchased locally or via the internet.
13″ Diameter Planters
W: 12″ L: 12″ H: 5.5″
Media volume each planter: 4.5 Quarts; 0.15 Cu Ft. We advise buying the media before your stacking planter arrives so you will be ready to transplant the plugs upon arrival.
To expand the system purchase additional 13″ planters on this site and order additional plug packs.
U.S. patented. U.S. Made.
Click This Link for Pricing and to Order
Plugs in this pic were planted 3 weeks Ago